Australia Visa Information
About Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or eVisitor Visa Australia
ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) or eVisitor visa for Australia, is a kind of visa that gives permission to the citizens of few eligible countries to travel to Australia for a certain period of times for certain purpose. Therefore, this visa is subject to the nationality, purpose of the trip and lengths of stay in Australia.
Australia ETA Visa or eVisitor visa Australia is perfect for business professionals or tourists who wish to stay in Australia for a short period of time or need travelling to Australia frequently for holiday or for business activities.
Why ETA Australia / eVisitor Visa Australia?
Out of all visa categories in Australia, ETA Australia or eVisitor visa Australia is the most convenient one because of its scope over other visas for Australia.
Australia ETA visa is electronically linked to the passport and doesn’t need to be stamped or put a level on it. Therefore, the visa information is accessible to the travel agents, airlines and Australian Boarder Agencies. While travelling to Australia, it is imperative to bring the same passport that has been used at the time of Australia ETA visa application.
For those who wish to migrate to Australia in future, the Australia ETA / Australia eVisitor visa will allow you to do more research or case study about Australian history, culture, life style, education system and economic growth etc.
Australia ETA / Australia eVisitor Visa Category
There are 2 categories for Australia ETA or Australia eVisitor visa, Tourisam and Business. You can apply for visa based on your purpose of visiting Australia. Please make sure you provide true and correct information while applying for it.
Tourism activities include holidaying or recreational activities, visiting famous tourist attractions of Australia or visiting friends and family.
Business visitor activities include the various things, such as,
- Participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars etc as long as you are not being paid by the organisers.
- Making general business or employment enquiries
- Investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
- Taking part in activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
What an Electronic Travel Authority lets you do?
- ETA Australia / eVisitor visa Australia will allow you travelling to Australia for tourism or for business purpose only. The validity of these visa is for 12 months with multiple entry. However, on each visit you can only stay in Australia for a maximum period of 3 months. You must leave Australia before that three months expiry. However, you are allowed to enter into Australia again for another 3 months as long as your ETA visa is valid or not expired.
- Australia ETA / Australia eVisitor visa will allow you to study for not more than 3 months during your stay in Australia.
- ETA Australia / eVisitor visa Australia will not allow you to do any paid work in Australia. However, you may undertake any business visitor activities, such as business enquiries or attending any conference etc. Therefore, if anyone doing paid work during their travel they will risk themselves being detained or removed from Australia. In addition, they will be liable for all costs related to detention or removal from Australia.
Know before you apply
- At the time of your application, you must be located outside of Australia
- You must hold a valid passport from any of the eligible countries
- Your current passport must be valid at least for 6 months at the time of your application
- You must be in good health and free from tuberculosis
- You must disclose if you have any criminal convictions previously even though it hasn’t been served yet
- You must provide true and correct and that are exactly the same as appeared on your passport.
To apply for an Australia ETA or Australia eVisitor visa Australia, you must have a valid passport of any of the eligible countries, a valid email id and a valid Credit Card or a Debit Card.
eVisitor Visa Australia Eligible Countries
To apply for eVisitor visa you must hold a valid passport from any of the following countries.
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- Vatican City
ETA Visa Australia eligible countries
To apply for ETA visa you must hold a valid passport from any of the following countries: USA, UK, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Republic of Korea and Brunei Darussalam